Most will agree when we say when you look your best, you feel your best. This is especially true when attending an interview. First impression can be lasting. Here are some helpful tips on being your best for an interview.
- Think and dress professionally: If you want your interviewers to take you seriously, you need to give them a visual example of your resume. This you can accomplish by thinking and dressing professionally. Wear solid, neutral colors, comfortable shoes and accessorize appropriately. Dressing in the right attire for an interview shows that you’re serious about the job.
- Be confident: Confidence is a beautiful trait that most employers look for. Being confident allows you to look your best in any situation. Smile, hold your head up, and speak with surety and clarity. Being confident can help to set you apart from the crowd.
- Do you research: More than likely an interviewer will test your knowledge, both in the area you applied for and on the company. To make sure you can respond knowledgeably, do your research. It shows that you are interested and invested even before being awarded the position. Remember, knowledge never hurts. It also helps if you research common interview questions and practice your answers.
- Be Punctual: Time is an important factor when preparing and arriving for an interview. This is where the clock starts ticking. Employers are already judging you from the moment you arrive. Therefore, arrive on time.
- Ask questions: Many times, interviewees are afraid to ask questions after an interview. This can be a deal breaker. Be prepared. Through research, you should be able to ask your interviewer at least 2 questions.
- Follow Up: A final way of looking your best for an interview is following up. You can do say by call or email- we suggest sending an email of gratitude. Thank the interview or company for their time, consideration and for good measure, reiterate why you are the best candidate for the job and close by stating your availability for further dialogue.
If you have require candidates for any job vacancies that you may have, our team at Muffetta’s is happy to assist you through the interview process!